Names 13 Radiologists to Senior Executive Leadership Roles
(EL SEGUNDO, Calif.) March 30, 2021 – Radiology Partners (RP), the leading radiology practice in the U.S., today unveiled a newly designed Office of the Chief Medical Officer including the promotion of 13 radiologist leaders all of whom will serve in Associate Chief Medical Officer leadership roles for the practice. As senior executives within the practice, members of the Office of the Chief Medical Officer will advance RP’s mission to transform radiology through key portfolios including: operations, integrations, communications and health policy, clinical artificial intelligence, clinical technology and data, radiologist experience, clinical value, research and education, recruitment, and growth.
“Establishing a radiologist-led Office of the Chief Medical Officer is an exciting step that will further amplify the voices of radiologist leaders both internally and externally,” said Rich Whitney, RP Chairman and CEO. “This step-function increase in investment in radiologist leadership is reflective of our core values and represents continued progress on our journey building a transformative radiology practice that is delivering clinical value to our patients and the healthcare system overall.”
RP’s Office of the Chief Medical Officer includes:
- Dr. Frank Castellano, Dr. James Lyons and Dr. Rajeev Shah will serve as the Associate CMOs for Clinical Operations for the Midwest, West and Southeast Regions, respectively.
- Dr. Byron Christie (@ByronChristie) and Dr. Syed Zaidi (@zaidirad) will serve as Associate CMOs for Integration.
- Dr. Richard Heller (@reh3md) will serve as the Associate CMO for Communications and Health Policy.
- Dr. Nina Kottler (@RadKottler) will serve as Associate CMO for Clinical Artificial Intelligence.
- Dr. Vikram Krishnasetty will serve as Associate CMO of Clinical Technology and Data.
- Dr. Chris Mattern (@ChrisMattern_MD) will serve as Associate CMO for Radiologist Experience.
- Dr. Krishna Nallamshetty (@knallamMD) will serve as Associate CMO for Clinical Value.
- Dr. Eric Rohren (@DrEmRohren) will serve as Associate CMO for Research and Education.
- Dr. Arthy Saravanan will serve as Associate CMO for Recruitment.
- Dr. Gavin Slethaug will serve as Associate CMO for Growth.
Dr. Rodney Owen, a radiologist with Southwest Medical Imaging (SMIL) in Arizona and a Radiology Partners board member, noted that, “Physician leadership is central in Radiology Partners culture. We believe that radiologist leadership will help transform radiology and thereby promote positive change in healthcare more broadly.”
The design and implementation of the Office of the CMO is in direct reflection of a founding principle of Radiology Partners to be physician led and driven. Through their collective talents and expertise, the Associate CMOs will deliver immense value and propel the Practice into the next chapter of leadership in the radiology field.
About Radiology Partners
Radiology Partners is the largest radiology practice in the U.S., serving more than 3,400 hospitals and other healthcare facilities across the nation. As a physician-led and physician-owned practice, our mission is to transform radiology by innovating across clinical value, technology, service and economics, while elevating the role of radiology and radiologists in healthcare. Using a proven healthcare services model, Radiology Partners provides consistent, high quality care to patients, while delivering enhanced value to the hospitals, clinics, imaging centers and referring physicians we serve. Learn more at https://www.radpartners.com/ and connect with us at @Rad_Partners.